Monday, December 05, 2011

MOSES, ACCIDENTALY

Commissioner Yeb Sano was quite occupied.

I was in the Climate Vulnerable Forum in Bangladesh.

So off to the DARA side event for the Philippine delegation.

I went because it is out of the Albert Luthuli International Convention Center which is becoming to be uncomfortably familiar.

The transport marshal put me in the wrong bus but the driver was kind enough to bring me to the Moses Mabhida Stadium bus stop.

I have to walk alone across a park but it was broad daylight and a police patrol is nearby.

I got lost in the maze of doors and corridors but a kind staff helped me find my way.

The side event was a bore but lunch was good and the stadium an interesting photography subject.

Moses was a former leader of the South African Communist Party and the stadium was named in his honor.

It was a host stadium to a commercial (and therefore capitalistic) project  called the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

No comments: