Saturday, December 03, 2011

FREEDOM

I have been scared before. And it's not a good feeling.

Fear paralyzes the mind as a dark forlorn dungeon would to a person. Fear makes one scared of doing things.

In Durban, I have reached that point where every person on the street or the taxi driver on the corner is a potential criminal. That is not good at all, and it is not fair.

I am on my second week in Durban. And I thought its time to regain my freedom from fear.

Suddenly, the world is a much easier place to live. And flowers bloomed from the withered vines.

My first Durban foray was at the Ushaka Marine World. I took precautions but allowed my feet to take me where it wanted to go.

To the beach and its 2-pieced denizens, to the village walk its quite expensive shops, and a late lunch of Bunny Chow and milk shake.

South Africa is a beautiful country, Durban is fun, and the people are just great.


PHOTO EXPLAINED: The Bunny Chow is a classic South African dish which originated from the Indian community of  Durban. It is half of a whole loaf of bread with the inside scooped out and filled with curry. Mine at the Ushaka Marine World was lamb curry with a glass of milk shake that helped temper the heat.  

No comments: