Friday, September 16, 2011

3 BIRTHDAYS IN SEPTEMBER


This bowl of Beef Sotanghon is for Mom who now celebrate birthdays up there with them angel friends of hers. She should have turned 73 today while my sister Sutsi who shares her birthday is now 34. And my brother Serwet too who reached 40 three days earlier.

To them all I offer my affection and the fond memories of the many happy birthdays we had and celebrated with Dad's bihon guisado.

FOOTNOTE: My first beef sotanghon was served at a Chinese restaurant called Fu Chi along Banawe Avenue in Quezon City. Except for the silky texture of the cellophane noodles (aka Chinese vermicelli) and the cilantro garnish, it tastes just like the usual mami. A bowl of fried tofu with egg adobo and a pot of tea are excellent compliments. 

No comments: