Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I AM SCANBERT

And I am.

My record at the real property taxing office says so as I paid 5 years in arrears.

I am indeed with many names: Shoebert which is the most, Epay's Shawbert, the classical Schubert, and sometimes just Hubert.

But I am not.

That's confirmed by my mobile phone service provider as I paid my past due bill.

Then by my insurance company as I applied for an emergency loan.

I am the self-proclaimed Pansit King too.

So after this shitty business of paying late taxes and bills and borrowing money, I comforted myself with a plate of Spaghetti Oglio Olio.


No frills, no sweet sauce, no bullshit.

Just the pure flavor of pasta sauteed in olive oil, crunchy garlic, and dried chili seeds complemented by the musky aftertaste of garnished fresh basil leaves.    

I am Shubert.

No comments: