Wednesday, November 07, 2012

CEBU REVISITED

It was actually my third visit to Cebu but the last one was 8 years ago in 2004.

That was when I'm still totting a point-and-shoot Olympus Camedia and, just like most "I-have-a-camera" guys, have the tendency to ask somebody to take a snapshot of me every now and then.

One Nikon D40 later and now armed with an Olympus OMD-EM5 that I still need acquainting with plus 8 years of shooting churches and noodles, I am back.

And dragged Ka Tolits and Ka Maning for a re-shoot under a burning mid-afternoon sun.

The ancient Casa Gorordo seemed oddly new.

I shoot the Yap-Sandiego ancestral house and the Cebu Heritage Monument for the first time.

And finally, new sane frames to replace those hastily snapped photos of the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral...


...and the Basilica del Sto. Nino Minore.


In between of course is Calle Colon and then Magellan's Cross where I bought P40 worth of colored candles from a Sinulog lady who danced and prayed while chanting my family name.

From Fort San Pedro, I hailed a taxi and rewarded my 2 companions with a late lunch at the famous Larsian barbecue stalls.


No comments: