Sunday, August 19, 2012

SIMPLY JESSE

It was supposed to be a happy fellowship in celebration of the conclusion of our acceptance into the Munoz Bodies of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rites.

Our batch was named "The Knights of the Scarborough Shoals" as I proposed.

Then Gen. Tom Rentoy, our batch president (I am the vice-president), received a phone call and broke the news that the plane carrying DILG Sec. Jesse Robredo crash landed.

Three days later, the secretary's body was found and the country mourned the demise of an exemplary public servant.

I took the photo below of then Naga City Mayor Jesse Robredo with then PRRM president Conrado S. Navarro (RIP) in 2006 during PRRM's 55th anniversary celebration in Club Filipino. As the memories of that night rushed in, so are remembrances of the photos I took of labor leader Angelito Mendoza, activist Maita Gomez, and artist Susan Fernandez-Magno who were earlier called to the Celestial Lodge above.


I suddenly felt weird.

Do the people I shoot die eventually? 

No comments: