Sunday, November 28, 2010

LAGALAG: THE FINAL JOURNEY

Four years after beginning their journey, the Lagalag notebooks are now on their way back to where it all began. I was on my way to Cancun, Mexico to attend the 16th Conference of Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Oyet invited me to visit him in San Francisco on my way back home to the Philippines. He asked me to bring the Lagalag notebooks. I said yes but first, The Dafinator who has been the guardian of the notebooks for almost 2 years now must turn-over them to me.



That turn-over happened in a less than a minute. But the inside story is it almost did not happen and on the last possible day too. The Dafinator and my schedules just would not fit despite repeated attempts to do an eyeball. Finally, the green Honda Civic arrived at the lobby of the Discovery Suites in Ortigas and the man called Randy handed the bag containing the 2 precious notebooks. And I rushed back to Nueva Ecija to pack my luggage and scrambled to find a car to bring me back in Manila and catch my flight.



The notebooks, accompanied by a copy of Mondo Marcos, are now in Cancun where they will stay until December 10 when it will continue its journey back to where it all began...


No comments: