Saturday, November 06, 2010

I CAME, WAS NERVOUS, AND GOT 10 MULTIPLIED

On top of a bulky foldered proofs of ties are endorsements from the Department of Agriculture, the Philippine Climate Change Commission, and the Department of foreign affairs.

I was confident but not sure.

I've been there before. Through an invitation from the Ambassador herself.

But now was different. I'm on my own. It's a B1/B2 visa and at stake is San Francisco CA, and a much shorter route to Cancun.

The Consul asked 3 questions: what's my purpose? who is Wilfredo Pascual, why am I going to Mexico? He did not asked for even one of the documents I have.

"Cancun is safe but keep your head low", he said.

A week later, I got my US visa. And it says 10 years = multiple entry.

The plate of pansit below I dedicate to him and the US Embassy.  

No comments: