Monday, August 12, 2024

THE BANGKOK WALKERS

On his 33rd year in 1960, King Rama IX set down the foundation stone of Wat Bhoman Khunaram, almost 40 years before and 4 kilometers away from his massive $8 million cable bridge that was the offering for his 6th cycle birthday including the public park that hummed of dominant South Asian tongues and a couple of Australian accents from the Autumn Room of the Chatrium.  


They, we, are the jolly walkers of Tower 1 who picked on the grilled fish while waiting patiently for me to finish my usual 3 bottles of  Beer Chang although on my last day, I took a ride in the shuttle van to Chong Nonsi where the trains led to the Siam Center, Payya Thai, Suvarnabhumi Airport, and the Victory Liner Deluxe Bus to Bakal 2.


And in Bakal 2, a discourse on a gender-just energy transition got cut twice so I requested a flight booking to Phnom Penh where I've taken over the PMU despite the still missing May remittance that was somehow assuaged by a wedding lechon in Bakal 2, some fried fish from Anda, and a couple of grilled bangus in Munoz.

But somehow, my daily bike rides were short and boring despite a haircut and updating the front wheel of my ancient motorbike. 

The Breast Center came up with benign results though while the repeat histopathology confirmed what we already knew in Baguio so yeah, that should be enoough for a Friendship Night of steamed talaba, inihaw na tuna, assorted grilled steak, and a bottle of Pinot Noir...


No comments: