Monday, June 10, 2024

THE JUNE 3 EMERGENCY

There was an incessant ringing in my ears and I was floating helplessly.

That was 15 minutes after going out to to buy a stick of cigarette for my after-dinner smoke and just after plugging  a desk fan.

Is this dying?

I'm not ready yet so I asked to be brought to the hospital --- in an ambulance which is my second time, hooked to an oxygen tank which is my first, carried in a wheel chair which is my second, was declared well, then discarged from the ER. 

A nursing student said I had an episode of orthostatic hypotension.

It has nothing to do with my scope of work from June until November or Monday's bloodletting for our quarterlies nor having to pay my social insurance myself. 

Still, the doctor ordered a 2D echo test.

Not because I paid my huge credit card bill although the first installament for my second consultancy was still unremitted which is why I requested another SWIFT code for my third consultancy that will cover both co-convenings and a side event.

The sad thing was to be told not to ride a bike, for the meantime. 

So we walked in Munoz to buy a bit of our prescriptions, in San Jose for an  appointment with our eye doctor, in CLSU where I reminisced about blowjobs in the bleachers.

The eye doctor ordered a fluorescein angiography.

I had two bottles of Chilean merlot and an Argentinian  malbec but it was Red Horse that got me as I passed on the cigarettes, enough for Bulan to come home and grill pork ribs and tuna parts for the Mistahs and the Sunday bikers of Bakal 2...

No comments: