Monday, March 25, 2024

THE LAST MEETINGS

The pigs have spoken: get roasted or die!

They did both anyway by being skewered on steel pipes then grilled along the sidewalks of La Loma, their tender meat and crispy skin hewn for breakfast at Ping Ping's Restaurant while miles of chitlins were deep fried as deadly snacks of Ryan's Chicharon Bituka and Bulaklak for the last weekly team meetings.    



I shared what could be my last reports.

"A draft declaration on promoting a care economy was submitted to the ASEAN Secretariat in the form of a concept note for the 7th ASEAN IB Forum with final recommendations for the CSO regional forum on JET just before an ambulant feast of tinumis, kalderetang kambing, adobong bibe and tasteless catered food was unleashed by the jueteng lady on St. Joseph's day."


I did what I was requested to do.

"A virtual panel on building spaces for social dialogue on the rights of informal workers in ASEAN discussed an invitation to moderate the ASEAN advocacy training in Bangkok in my personal capacity before undergoing oral prophylaxis for the secret college crush I met at Jollibee where the lead singer of "Luha" watched me sip Australian wine."  


A post-April ToR was also emailed to me after settling St. Joseph's liquor debts with the remaining pieces of broken krupok from Brunei, as crisp as the $100 bill for an upcoming trip to Phetchaburi that was tucked in a 10-kilogram rice pack for Bulan, proceedings that preceded a grave tour of dead presidents+ to atone for snubbing my new Scottish Rites barong tagalog. 


Banawe's Tzu Chi Temple and Wow Toy Museum don't exist on weekends but Ma Mon Luk's original mami and siopao as well as the Maki House's maki-mi are on sale, enough to expose Mario's Caesar salad as an overhyped pile of dressed romaine lettuce and croutuns that is thankfully not included in the outdoor menu of The Village Bar in Phetchaburi.



It will be our first post-pandemic Advocacy and Campaigns Team meeting and my last but it seems that I've got to keep my company email and computer for the monent because I am the Lord of the Trails who disposed Amaranth shirts at hotels and airports... 

No comments: