Monday, March 18, 2024

THE FIRST INTERVIEW

"What's up?" I was asked.

"A monumental ASEAN declaration will liberate the slaves of unpaid care and domestic work, a breakthrough MOU will propel a just energy transition, and economic justice will be evaluated and shall prevail" I courageously responded.

"So what's going on?" was the follow up question.

"I was examined and interviewed virtually but an unexpected call from Islamabad told me that a waiver from New Delhi will ensure support for Vientiane in lieu of the Climate Justice Manager in Manila" I explained pessimistically.

I was next quizzed why the Thursday Group have to convene on Wednesday and Saturday, how a platter of tokwa't baboy turned out to be more tofu that was reheated as pork adobo for bingo night, and my intention on taking the bus via Aliaga instead of attending NS4's mini-reunion in Cabanatuan. 

That's because there were no meetings on Thursday is what I told them, which is market day for an empty icebox that finally got my dirty motorbike washed while updating three nearly dormant bank acounts and securing an appointment for a dental prophylaxis.

Furthermore, I don't like crowds so we moved to a table where the MILF of Bakal 2 left her scent and had our own Barangay Night with a can of luncheon meat that tasted like red onions because four biking days is almost good as a week of exploring a brand new trail... 

No comments: