Monday, March 04, 2019

THE LAST GAVEL, probably

I was Master of the Lodge in 2014, a Royal Patron of the Court and a Grand Lodge Inspector in 2015, a District Grand Lecturer in 2017, and a Deputy Grand Royal Patron in 2018.

The power of the gavel came with these honorific designations which also entitled me to the coveted Seat in the East where I will again preside this year as a Venerable Master of the Scottish Rite.

And this my regular "pushers" celebrated by peddling cheap wine and brandy, and a rather expensive line of whiskey.  



Fermenting roasted meat and San Miguel Pale Pilsen rumbled in my ventriculus the next day as I pulled myself to a half-drunk early morning business trip to Quezon City.

Somehow, Microtel's pansit soothed my rampaging gastric juices so I again indulged on cheap brandy in Samal while listening to the amusing anecdotes of a man called Joker.

I got totally cured after so four bottles of my favorite beer later went with my dinner of laing, grilled pusit, dinakdakan and adobo rice at Gerry's Grill.    


Back in the East, I toasted the first of five installation rites with another cheap brandy and marked my first Lodge meeting of the year with loads of my usual beer.

These I concluded with a banquet at Alessandra's to greet my counterpart from the Cabanatuan Bodies and left before my liver gets busted further.   


I have a lot to burn and I only had two biking days...     

No comments: