Monday, March 25, 2019

BOGOR

Some 15 years ago, the Packard Boys ate durian and gawked at the biggest flower in the world [Bunga Bangkay/Rafflesia] in Bogor.

This week, I travelled back there while having my first meeting in Adi's car that by the grace of God concluded upon reaching Bogor and as such, had more space to marvel at the tropical ambiance of the Novotel Golf Resort and Convetion Center, relish the local food, consult with partners, and reminisced the maladorous durian and huge stinky flower of 15 years ago. 





I wish I could stay more in Bogor.

But Jakarta beckoned and seduced me with a platter of Bebek Goreng [Balinese fried duck] at the Cilandak Town Square, a pot of Tongseng Kambing [goat stew) at the Koi Cafe and Gallery, and a bowl of Sop Buntut [oxtail soup) at the ASEAN Secretariat Building.  

Overall, I had 8 meetings across three days and that I memorialized with a big dinner of Nasi Bali and Sate Kambing in Kemang before flying back to Manila.    




I regret not heeding Adi's advise to rent a bike from the hotel and explore a nearby Kampung in Bogor.

So back home, I tried making up for that regretful lapse in judgement by interspersing two biking days with my obligations to the Craft   



And then it was Sunday again.

I'm on my way to Phnom Penh this time and decided to make the most of an overnight layover by having a barbecue dinner in Makati's Poblacion where I again reminisced on Bogor as I dissect the Thai in the Crying Tiger's Moo Ping [pork barbecue], rummage through the tender fibers of Holy Smokes' beef brisket, and redezvoused with Tambai's delicate Beef Rib Finger.

No comments: