Monday, January 07, 2019

THE YEAR OF THE PERIODIC TABLE OF CHEMICAL ELEMENTS

The first week of 2019 started with a whimper but ended with a loud bark [the Chinese Year of the Earth Dog is just 47 days aways] when for the first time in my Masonic life, I wore a lapel microphone to perform the Masonically important task of Master of Ceremony in our Lodge's 12th Public Installation of Officers, fumbling during the installation of the Three Lights but eventually getting back to my lines and finishing with a confident flair. 


The last day of the 3rd International Year of the Reef [Year of the Rooster in the Chinese calendar] ain't actually bad although our celebration is subdued due to Bulan's recent surgery, and I did welcome its first day with a bottle of my favorite whiskey although the first ride of the Gregorian calendar has to be on Day 2 since it rained on New Year's Day.


The first week of the New Year also marked the 50th year of Father Apolo's celibacy [?], the last fellowship of Kuya Ading as Master of the Lodge, my second... 


...and third foray to the bike trails, and my first work-related trip which is to Krung Thep Maha Nakhon [i.e. Bangkok's full Thai name].


Our finances is hurting and I wish 2019 to be a year of abundance and prosperity, and it will be if I finally win the Lotto jackpot and Oxfam pays my redundancy [i.e. money that a company pays to workers who have lost their jobs because they are no longer needed according to the Cambridge Dictionary].

No comments: