Friday, June 29, 2018

WHY I TOOK A GRAB TO THE CHANGI AIRPORT

Because I have always been a Grab rider ever since Uber sold out although I always take the green tricycle from 137 Panay Avenue to the Capitol Medical Center for my prescribed therapeutic sessions after which a brief encounter with Roxy at Sunnymede before booking a Grab to NAIA Terminal 2 which took me to Changi where I rode a Grab to the Fort Canning Lodge, erstwhile exclusive zone for the British where Mr. Thomas met us 8 hours later, since Singapore's train services ends before midnight.   



And all along, I though Grab was invented by the Singaporeans until Oskar told me it was the Malaysians as we walked to 23-A Coleman Street where District Grand Master William Henry Macleod Read laid the cornerstone of Singapore's Masonic Hall in 1879.


We walked still, through the National Museum of Singapore to a collection of fire fighting mementos at the Civil Defense Heritage Gallery and across the colonial Asian Civilization Museum that stands out amidst the towering forest of glass panelled modern skyscrapers.




The promenade along the shores of Marina Bay eventually led us to Marina Boulevard and the Red Dot Design Museum which is the gateway to the bowels of the Marina Bay Sands in the artificial city of The Shoppes where we ogled at merchandise that we could not and would not buy even if we could before disgorging us on the other side where we crossed the Helix Bridge into Raffles Avenue.   







Oskar then said he will treat me to a teh tarik so we took a table in the Toast Box at the Esplanade Theaters on the Bay where we conversed on more nonsense before deciding to head back to the comforts of the Fort Canning Lodge by way of Battery Road which evolved into Chulia Street that led us to the corner of Upper Circular and New Bridge roads where I convinced Oskar to have an early dinner of bak kut teh at Song Fa --- pork ribs cooked into such delicateness that the meat literally falls of the bone.  



Then it was Thursday so I booked a Grab to the ACN office at Keppel Towers and then later in the day after finally "discovering" the heritage House of Tan Yeok Nee, I decided to take a Grab to Changi instead of the airport train since GPMU does not give a damn on my circumstances and therefore I don't give a damn about them too. 


No comments: