Monday, February 19, 2024

A VALENTINE'S DAY SUBMISSION

Never look back.

But I do sometimes to remind myself of the superficiality and idiosyncracies of some people I've met along the way that is both sobering and amusing.

Always look forward.

And through my new biennial glasses, I can see a secure, confident and content 54 years old who will win the lotto jackpot someday.

But I wont have enough time to finish properly so the first application was impulsively fired out on Friday afternoon three hours before the daing na bangus and Ma Ling pork luncheon meat were flash fried.


"Making good men better".

Apparently not so for certain people who are perfect metpahors of memorizing without understanding

Yes, Tuklaw is a kumpare or a face at the fellowship table and that being it, March 2 will be my second and last reception after January 6 because a Saturday in Palayan is just another day.

Kathmandu was warm and beautiful on Valentine's Day, enough to thaw a frozen fake ham in a bonfire of curriculum vitae and a cover letter that acknowledged the credits and debits from Bulan's account while I chase Jakarta for a ToR amidst a power outage that failed to explain why the Thursday Group had salami, roasted chicken and stale pistachos on Saturday night when Elizabeth Keen's idiotic episodes were being previewed at Elena's for an Apayao Brew on Day 7 in the trails of Munoz+... 

No comments: