Monday, July 22, 2019

TOUR DE FRANZA

Ariel Marana grimaced as he pedalled up the sasang-atan muttering "Asideg, asideg!" to the cheering and adoring crowd lining the road, his yellow jersey soaked in sweat and camouflaged with melting dust.

Forty years later and 108 kilometers away, AGT turned left to the dirt road in Sto. Tomas, skirting through muddy puddles in San Andres and Rizal before hitting pavement again in San Felipe towards Franza where he once carried his bike through rice fields and rode to a dead end, praying that Nario Quintana, dwarfed by European stars of the 109th Tour de France, will have the mojo that gave him the 2014 Giro d' Italia and the 2016 Vuelta a Espana.   




I like cheese in my pizza and milk in my coffee, lots of it, perhaps too much that it choked Fabio Aru who missed this year's Giro and added weight to the streamlined racing gears of Vicenzo Nibali who is currently faltering in France.

But my doping test showed otherwise although I should have more of no-rice and less-sugar in my biking routine, my personal all year tour to stay alive longer and better, because "Health is Wealth" as my Mom said so I would have more good years than the nameless skull of the Andres Bonifacio Chapter of Rose Croix.   


No comments: