Monday, October 15, 2018

HELL WEEK

Four regional partners and two country teams (actually four including the Outcome 3.1 section of Cambodia and Vietnam).

Which translates to long hours of online reviews, almost daily consecutive Skype calls, and pages of emails.

  
Two influencing strategy papers, two session outlines, two workshops in two weeks.

Still I persisted until suddenly and unexpectedly, one regional partner got hanged which blew a big hole into our Result 3 operational plan while I chased participants of Workshop 2 for hotel bookings.


Hell on earth was after my soul so I escaped to the trails every morning to resurrect my brain cells who were committing mass suicide, and accumulated 188.6  biking kilometers (48.5 on Monday, 36 on Tuesday, 32 on Wednesday, 43.2 on Thursday, 28.9 on Friday) that saved me from damnation.

    


Friday came as my faculties slipped on the verge of insanity and thank God it did.

I slammed down everything at 3 pm in afternoon when I was about to tear apart my laptop, trekked through sugarcane fields to the Plaza Luisita Complex in Tarlac where I indulged myself a bottle of Glenffidich Single Malt Scotch Whiskey and gorged on roasted animals.


And then it was Sunday and I was on my way to hell itself.

No comments: