Monday, September 24, 2018

AIR JORDAN

All my life, I thought Air Jordan was borrowed by Michael Jordan from the Jordanian air carrier.

I was wrong because the Air Jordan I thought is actually the Alia Royal Jordanian Airlines, and that Air Jordan is really Michael Jordan and that now famous and pricey line of Nike basketball shoes he first wore as Air Jordan 1 in the 1985 NBA Slam Dunk Competition that the NBA banned for being non-regulation a year earlier.


Qaiser said Amman is beautiful and I should go.


But the plane fare have skyrocketed by the time I got my visa so I can't.


That being the case, Rshamini said it's all Duterte's fault.


Amman is 8,692 kilometers from Manila and I compensated for the time I should have spent there with 164.4 of trails in five days of biking in Nueva Ecija.    



In those five days, I was Air Jordan being rehabilitated in a sports clinic, Air Jordan doing cross-training through rice fields and grazing cows, and Air Jordan indulging in a power dinner of roasted wild boar and English whiskey. 


I was disappointed to miss the trip to Amman but I made up for that with the huge amount of work I was able to do in those five days, the quality time spent with the wife who always went to bed late, the dinners I prepared from our ageing fridge stock, and I will have my chance. 

No comments: