Tuesday, May 22, 2018

SHOULDER FREEZETH OVER

The freeze came mid-air from Davao to Manila, on the night of April 28 to be exact, a strange sensation that scared me because I thought it was a heart attack which thankfully was not since the unease is more on the left chest rather than the center where the heart is.

And there it stayed, an itch that would go away I said which did not, hounding me in Baguio like a dengue fever, on and off, so I tried shaking it off with bike rides, from a Sunday to a Monday, 147.6 kilometers in all, but it did not go away.   



The freeze instead mutated into a permafrost, not sore or painful but more of a recurring uncomfort that is triggered whenever I take to my laptop and soothed by laying down on a propped pillow after every hour, definitely not to my liking to which the Honored Ladies suggested a Ventosa massage to melt the "lamig" which I did for the first time in my life.   



And it was with a frozen shoulder that I received my compliments as a past District Grand Lecturer, shuffling between chairs for comfort during the whole program, sitting through it the next day during my tenure as Historian of the Court and in the performance of my role as Senior Warden of the Munoz Bodies later in the afternoon, wondering how long will it last and what will it take to unfreeze it...  


No comments: