Friday, September 07, 2012

AYUTTHAYA, ALMOST

I have a solid travel plan: take the 8:20 express train at the Hua Lamphong train station and in Ayutthaya, negotiate a tuktuk rental for not more than 500 Bahts.

The camera batteries have been charged, tote bag filled with the basics (bottled water, towel, passport photocopy, map), balyudong attire washed and hanged, and 3k Baht in small bills in my wallet.

The next day, I woke up to what I thought was early morning darkness, and lingered in bed.

Until almost 8 am when I realized that it's the pouring rain outside that made things blacker than usual.

But still, I pulled out from the comfort of my queen-sized bed, had a quick shower, grabbed a quick yucky breakfast, and made my way to the train station.

I missed the express so I paid the fare for the regular.

 
And waited.

As the rain poured harder.

As would be Ayutthaya tourists like me started shaking their heads.

So I started shooting train station frames...



...around Hua Lamphong, to Sala Daeng, to the National Stadium, and finally Mahboonkrong.

There I killed the day window shopping, and sometimes buying.



Then back to Sala Daeng where I explored the crowded streets of Silom.


I fell to bed as soon as I reached Room 2011 of the Aetas Lumpini Hotel...

...camera, tote bag, shoes, and all...

No comments: