Thursday, January 19, 2012

NIGHT TRIP, BAD TRIP

My plan was carefully calculated: if we leave at 10 am, then we will have enough time to shoot the heritage churches of Luna in La Union, and Sta. Maria and Magsingal in Ilocos Sur before night overtakes us. That of Paoay's in Ilocos Norte will be on the way back where I can also update my take on the Patapat Road, the Bangui wind mills, the Burgos lighthouse, Laoag's St. William's Cathedral, Batac's two churches, and perhaps even the Luna ancestral house in Badoc.

But it was not to be as we left at 11 am, had lunch first at a kambingan somewhere in Novalices, and killed almost an hour at a gas station waiting for a left-behind luggage to be delivered.

It was dark when we reached Agoo and I'm glad I took a shot at the settling dusk as we stopped to buy supplies for the bottle of Bacardi rum on board our ride. It will be my only photo of that day. Then it was a sleepless bumpy ride to Pagudpud from there and all I could do is point out colonial churches along the way and tell something about them. 

I hate night trips...

No comments: