Sunday, February 10, 2008

KID BUNTAL'S SON CONVERSING WITH KILAWEN'S DAUGHTER INSIDE THE MORMON CHURCH AT 2 PM

KILAWEN’S DAUGHTER : “I know you wrote their letters”.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “They are my friends”.

KILAWEN’S DAUGHTER : “Why don’t you write for yourself?”.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “For whom?”.

KILAWEN’S DAUGHTER: “For me…”.

Silence. The lizard watching them from the ceiling suddenly darted towards an idling mosquito. The mosquito vanished.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “Your brother will kill me”.

KILAWEN’S DAUGHTER: “This is about us not him”.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “He’s my best friend. You know that”.

KILAWEN’S DAUGHTER: “I am his sister. He will understand”.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “I will be a traitor. I slept in your house, ate from your table.”

She looked away to the window. Her eyes gleamed. The lizard looked at them intently.

KID BUNTAL’S SON: “We will be tormented”.

He reached for her hand. She moved closer and leaned on his shoulder. Their hearts are racing fast. He kissed her. The lizard fell to the floor.

Profile: The Trappist Monastery in Guimaras


The Trappists are Roman Catholic monks who follow the rule of St. Benedict as lived by the monks of Citeuax, France. Prayers and the Divine Office are their primary occupation in addition to making their living by farming and food processing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, nakakataas kilay ang conversation.