- 42 died when an Eso Nice bus bound for San Fernando, La Union lost its brakes and fell into a ravine in Sablan, Benguet (dateline August 18, 2010);
- 2009 Binibining Pilipinas-International Melody Gersbach and 2 others died when their car was rammed by a Guevarra bus in Bula, Camarines Sur (dateline August 21, 2010);
- 9 were killed after a dismissed police officer hijacked a tourist bus and the police botched their attempted rescue operation in Manila (dateline August 23, 2010);
- 4 were killed when armed men posing as police/military personnel flagged down a Rural Transit bus bound for Pagadian City in Kapatagan, Lanao del Norte (dateline August 26, 2010);
- 5 died when a Manila-bound Cul Bus Transportation bus lost its breaks and fell into a creek in Pagbilao, Quezon (dateline August 29, 2010);
Photo grabbed from Google images.